Setup artifact handler in Bamboo Server 6.0

Isaac Weathers May 15, 2017

I just installed Bamboo server 6.0 and was trying to setup the artifact handler but I do not see the same link that I used in version 5.15.3. Does anyone know how to setup artifact handling so that they can be stored on something like S3. See the attached images. Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.55.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.55.16 AM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

As Przemyslaw hinted upon, artifact handlers have so far only been exposed in Bamboo Cloud and Bamboo Server instances migrated from Bamboo Cloud.

That being said, according to the resp. feature request they will be officially supported in the upcoming Bamboo 6.1.0:

Meanwhile you might consider enabling artifact handlers in earlier Bamboo versions via a dark feature as described by Marcin (obviously this is not officially supported then):

"S3 artifact storage can be enabled through a dark feature. You need at startup -Dbamboo.darkfeature.artifacthandlers=true argument at startup and dark feature will be enabled. [...]"

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Bamboo team found some issues with current implementation of artifact handlers UI and functionality which we want to address before making it generally available feature.

This work is planned for 6.2 release we're going to deliver around September 2017

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

Thanks for the update @Alexey Chystoprudov, transparency around such difficult decisions is always appreciated!

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2017

Was your 5.15 a Cloud migration instance and is your 6.0 a fresh install?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events