Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Selenese Runner for Charlotte

Patrick Sittinger July 13, 2016

Hi, i want to use Charlotte, however i can select between Drivers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, etc.) but there is no Selenese Runner selectable. The field is just empty.

I setup Selenanese Runner as executable. Is there something else to do ? 
The documentation for the setup is not so elaborate (the Admin Guide is empty), just Load capabilities is there.

Click on "Detect server capabilities"  does not do anything .

Also what format is Charlotte using ? I see from the screenshot that you are pointing to a HTML document. 
Can i use the Awetest Recorder Plugin or is the Selenium IDE Plugin better suited ? 

Best regards,
Patrick

2 answers

2 votes
Mumo Systems August 2, 2016

Dennis is correct. You are not connected to the internet or your firewall does not allow connection to Github. Charlotte downloads Selenese Runner version you selected for you automatically. 

The whole point of Charlotte is to run recorded Selenese from you firefox IDE. Charlotte does not run JAVA, Python or PHP converted selenium tests. 

1 vote
Dennis July 21, 2016

Hi Patrick,

this error is a result of not having a connection to the internet .. Charlotte tries to connect github - if there is no connection you are actually not getting a suiting msg / error is not correct handled. 

Regards

Dennis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events