Setting up a Bamboo customised build that will display all variables that should be populated

ABA June 30, 2016

Hi,

When defining a Bamboo plan, we can define plan variables and when running the build, we can select Customised Build and then enter values for plan variables.

The problem is - when you go to the page to add the customized variables, you have to explicitly click a link to add the variables and you have to do it as many times as the number of variables defined and every time, select the variable from the drop-down.  This becomes very cumbersome, and definitely, not user-friendly. In today's state of software, this appears to be very old approach.

I am very new to Bamboo, or any of the Atlassian tools, so I thought I may not know how but there maybe a way that others can guide me on.

So, my question is : How can I set-up the plan so that when someone clicks Run Customised Plan, when they are shown the page where they have to enter the values, it shows the complete list of variables that they have to give values for, on the page, without all the clicks.

Is it possible out of the box, without any custom development ( I do not have access to modify the local implementation of the tool sad, and the admin team is not equipped to do the customisations )  with any settings to achieve what I am dreaming about?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2016

Not exactly what you are looking for, but could you use the following plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-variable-inject-plugin/server/overview

You could might be able to maintain a number of property 'sets' in different files - for different environments.  Here the advantange is that the properties are part of your code (configuraiton as code)...

Hope this helps

-Rich

ABA July 1, 2016

Property sets will not work.  We have to execute this plan for over 600 times changing these parameters.  it will be a nightmare to manage / maintain those as well as accesses to create / update the files.

ABA July 1, 2016

I am also curious, while doing the UI design, why were these aspects not taken into consideration?

0 votes
TriCore June 30, 2016

Any luck?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events