Setting Bamboo build expiry without affecting artifacts for deployment projects

Simon Boland December 26, 2017

I have numerous build plans (around 25).  A small number of these are configured with deployment projects.  

If I expire the build artifacts will it mean that I can potentially lose the artifacts which were saved for the releases in the deployment plans? 

Is there a way I can avoid this?  The only way I can think to do this is by applying a label.

1 answer

1 vote
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2017

Hi Simon,

If I expire the build artifacts will it mean that I can potentially lose the artifacts which were saved for the releases in the deployment plans? 

As far as the loss of build artifacts are concerned the calculation is based on:

The ages of build and deployment artifacts are calculated as follows:

• If there is no release associated with the build result, then use the build result creation date.
  • Otherwise, if the build result has never been deployed, then use the creation date for the latest release that refers to it.
  • Otherwise, use the creation date for the latest deployment.

If the age of the build or deployment artifact is equal to or greater than the Expire after age, then it is deleted when the expiry event occurs (assuming artifacts are configured for deletion).

Is there a way I can avoid this?  The only way I can think to do this is by applying a label.

Yes, you are right the only option is using Labels. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events