Scheduled deployment "trigger" to promote existing release?

William King November 14, 2017

Background

We have a release process that moves from "CI" up through different environments and ends in "Beta" and then "Live".

The build artifacts in "CI" are generated by changes to the _master_ branch of our repository. Each of those builds generates a new build number.

To move from one environment to the next (e.g. "Beta" to "Live") is not automated. We manually click "Deploy", select the environment (e.g. "Live") and select the build version.

In other words, say version `1.5` is "CI" and `1.0` is in "Beta". When I want to move `1.5` to "Beta", I:

1. Click "deploy" button
  2. Select "Beta" from the dropdown
  3. On the next page, select radio option "Promote existing release to this environment"
  4. Select the build number `1.5` from the "Release" dropdown selection.

Question

How can I accomplish the steps described above using a scheduled trigger in the "Live" environment?

The "Trigger configuration" section only shows options related to the repository branches, not already generated build artifacts.

bamboo-timed-deploy.png

I do not want to deploy latest build from master or any other branch. I want to promote the build currently in Beta to Live.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Scheduled deployments are a popular feature request, but unfortunately not available yet - please watch and vote for the following related issues to further raise Atlassian's awareness of this requirement:

William King November 14, 2017

BAM-13517 is exactly it.  Thanks!

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Glad it helps @William King - please also 'accept' my answer as solution via the checkmark on the left side so that it doesn't show up as unanswered anymore, thereby keeping others and myself focused on and motivated to assist with new questions :) - thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events