Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVN upgrade to 1.7 with bamboo 2.2.1

pankaj gupta March 11, 2013

Hi,

We are using Bamboo version 2.2.1 with SVN 1.6. Now we are going to upgrade SVN from 1.6 to 1.7. I want to check whether 2.2.1 will work or we need to upgrade bamboo.

Second thing I am unable to find where extactly we specify SVN version and path in Bamboo version 2.2.1. Please let me know.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
pankaj gupta March 20, 2013

Hi, Do we need to upgrade any jar or path in bamboo 2.2.1 to upgrade svn client from 1.6 to 1.7. If we need to upgrade, what's the location of jar and name.

0 votes
bmccoy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2013

Hi,

Support for svn 1.7 was introduced in Bamboo 4.2.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-10009

However, due to the backwards compatability of svn, your version of Bamboo should still be able to checkout from a 1.7 server, but it would checkout in the 1.6 format.

Thats said, I strongly recommend upgrading. 2.2.1 is very old and there are a lot of awesome things we have added to the product since then.

Cheers,

Brydie

Is there any file where we mention SVN path in Bamboo 2.2.1?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2013

We don't use the command line SVN client, we use a library, so you can't specify the path.

Which is that jar which need to be put to make svn work ?

If we are upgrading to SVN 1.7 and we don't want to upgrade bamboo, what we need to change? Any path or any jar ?

Thanks

pankaj gupta March 20, 2013

Hi, Do we need to upgrade any jar or path in bamboo 2.2.1 to upgrade svn client from 1.6 to 1.7. If we need to upgrade, what's the location of jar and name.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2013

BTW. Old Bamboo versions should be able to interoperate with newer SVN servers.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2013

You'd need to upgrade svnkit jar (and related jars). But I doubt it will work out of the box. If you want to use the new workspace format, you need'd need to change that in Bamboo source code.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events