Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVN 1.7 on Bamboo Stock Image

Jamie Goodfellow September 25, 2012

SVN on the stock images is 1.6. My projects are using SVN 1.7, which is not backwards compatible. When my mvn release plugin runs svn status, it fails with a message stating the svn client must be updated to 1.7.

How can I update the SVN on the stock image? I already have a startup script configured to do some other custom config on the stock image. If I can add something to the startup script to upgrade to svn 1.7, that would be perfect. But any other solution would do too (though I'm hoping to avoid a custom snapshot image).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

Hi Jamie,

You can attach an EBS to the stock image and then install SVN 1.7 on it. After that, create a script to use your SVN 1.7 from your EBS snapshot instead of the default SVN from the stock image.

In advance, there's no way to customize the stock image, so if this solution is too hard for you (yes, I totally understand that this is not a simple task), you may also create a Custom Elastic Image and use it in Bamboo. In this case you can customize the whole operational system and add SVN 1.7 as default.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Jamie Goodfellow October 9, 2012

I just changed the new SVN Version setting of Bamboo to use SVN 1.6, so that the working copy version would be consistent with the installed SVN client version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events