Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSLHandshakeException on connection to SVN repository

Ivan Scattergood February 11, 2016

Hi

I am getting the following error when trying to check out code from my svn repository using bamboo:

svn: E175002: Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

I can run the svn command line without an issue, I have enabled logging for the SVN client, but the debug logging doesn't really give me any more information.

My svn repository is in cloudforge

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yves Berquin [Matrix Requirements] February 11, 2016

Hello Ivan,

We are the developers of the Svn Gateway add-on for JIRA Cloud. We've had some issues like that with some customers having their repository at cloudforge.

I suggest you go to this site: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ to check the certificate of your particular subversion URL. If it's not so good (like C or lower), you can ask cloudforge to move your instance to a "better" server, until the test with the above service gives you better results.

This could solve your issue. It did for 2 of our customers.
The issue was that the certificate was so poor that the Java libraries wouldn't accept it. Maybe it's similar in your case.

Yves

0 votes
Ivan Scattergood February 11, 2016

Yves,

I have checked the server and it gets an F sad

I have requested a server move from Cloud Forge, they did it and its fixed the problem

Thanks very much for the help

Ivan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events