Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCP latest files only

Robert Rosebury May 21, 2015

Using the SCP task built into Bamboo, is it possible to only copy the latest files and folders over to the remote server?

2 answers

0 votes
David S. May 22, 2015

Rafael is correct. Bamboo doesn't support this out of the box. To make things worse, the SCP function is much slower than using SCP from a modern distro.

I ended up using a Script task that looks like this:

echo "-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- Your key here -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----" | sed -e "s/- /-\n/" | sed -e "s/= /=\n/" | sed -e "2s/ /\n/g" > $HOME/tmpkey
chmod 0600 $HOME/tmpkey
SERVER=websrv1
rsync -avze "ssh -i $HOME/tmpkey" ${bamboo.build.working.directory}/ updateuser@$SERVER:/home/direct/prod/direct/
rm -f $HOME/tmpkey

HTH!

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your question.

Bamboo does not provide the option to select only the files and directories last modified/updated. This is something you will be required to provide to Bamboo.

You could, by using a Script task, track files and directories and copy them across to the remote server.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events