Running selenium test cases after every commit into repository

Laks February 15, 2012

How should i configure Bamboo to run test selenium test cases after every change made to the SVN repository??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2012

I would configure the plan to poll the repository, however you do not necessarily want to run all your tests for every commit. In many cases you want to poll your repository for changes, but have a delay or quiet period - which I believe is a setting in the SCM tab in most newer versions of Bamboo.

If you're building a Java app, you can write your Selenium tests as JUnit tests. Bamboo can then execute them normally as JUnit tests and graph the results just like JUnit tests.

Laks February 15, 2012

Thanks Adam... As you said i can run my selenium test cases as Junit tests. I would like to know if there are any documents that will help me set up Bamboo with my Junit test cases. Currently all my JUnit test cases are checked-in into a SVN repository. I am evaluating Bamboo for my organisation.

1 vote
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2012

If you are using Junit via Ant targets, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Ant

... specifically section 6.

Additionally, see Parsing JUnit Tests in Bamboo : http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/JUnit+parsing+in+Bamboo

Laks February 15, 2012

Thanks again... I am reading through the link that you have provided. what do you think is the main difference between Bamboo and Hudson or even Jenkins.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2012

Hey Rajul - That's an interesting question - you should ask it as a new question though, so it is searchable and will allow other users to find the answers, and avoids cluttering up this question.

Laks February 16, 2012

I have added it as a new question. I would also like to know how i should configure bamboo to run a test suite.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events