Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Bamboo with Keil/ARMCC compilers. Make or other tools?

Erick van Rijk July 1, 2013

I'm looking into implementing Bamboo for CI in our development stream. We primairly use Keil uvsion with armcc for our embedded work and I would like to run builds with each checkin.

I've been looking into command line task that run Make/bat files, but haven't really found any success stories doing this.

Has anyone done this before?

4 answers

0 votes
Erick van Rijk October 27, 2013

A little update.

I'm able to run a Keil uVision project using the script task with the following commands:

c:\keil\uv4\uv4.exe -b Blinky.uvproj -o errors.txt
type errors.txt

this will build the project just fine (advanced features such as cleanall etc dont work however).

But, even when there are warnings/errors it will NOT report any failures since it completes without a stderr output in windows.

To solve this I try and parse the logfile and generate an error, but windows doesn't like redirects very much. "grep "warning:" errors.txt >&2" generates an missing output file error. (>2 doesn't trigger anything)

"grep "warning:" errors.txt | Write-Error" seems to work ok, but it dumps the entire stacktrace into the logfile making it impossible to read.

I cannot find any tool/plugin that allows me to define a proper error parsing REGEX inside Bamboo.

A custom REGEX error parsor should be standard in a CI IMHO.

Anyone have another idea how to solve this?

0 votes
Erick van Rijk July 17, 2013

I've looked at the build scripts and it look interesting. The only issue there is that the last item in the script exits without an error, the entire job is PASS. Meaning that I would need to make a script for every line in my build process.

Is there an easier way of parsing Errors during running scripts and outputting that to Bamboo.

0 votes
Erick van Rijk July 2, 2013

Hi Sergey,

Command line building is what I am doing with Eclipse right now, however I'm wondering if Bamboo actually can increase efficiency by using it as a CI server.

I haven't played around with Bamboo sufficiently yet to get a definite idea how useful it is. Hence asking the community for their ideas.

0 votes
Sergey Podobry _Stellarity Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

I am sure it is possible. Take a look at µVISION: BUILDING TARGETS FROM THE COMMAND LINE and use the Script Task.

Erick van Rijk July 2, 2013

Hi Sergey,

Command line building is what I am doing with Eclipse right now, however I'm wondering if Bamboo actually can increase efficiency by using it as a CI server.

I haven't played around with Bamboo sufficiently yet to get a definite idea how useful it is. Hence asking the community for their ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events