Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run additional builds upon Pull Request update

Sohrab Hosseini July 20, 2017

I am not sure if I am being thick but not quite sure how to configure Bamboo (or Bitbucket Server) to run another branch build when a pull request is updated with additional commits.

I have setup a Plan with Brach Plans that are automatically created by new Pull Requests. I have also configured Bitbucket Server trigger on the plan.

Currently only a single build is done on the pull request when it is created. I would like additional builds to occur as Bitbucket detects new incoming commits and let the auto-generated pull request branch plan know so it can run another build.

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2017

Hello @Sohrab Hosseini,

Can you please explain your Bamboo - Bitbucket Server configuration and what do you mean by configuring "Bitbucket server trigger on the plan"?

When you use option to create plan branch when PR created Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 12.22.08.pngBamboo automatically creates plan branch linked to that PR. As I understand you already have this configuration.

Then when you make a commit to the same branch Bamboo should build that branch as usual. If it doesn't happen please check your Trigger configuration, it should be like this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 12.24.10.png

Sohrab Hosseini July 20, 2017

Hi @Alexey Chystoprudov

I am not sure what happened but after deleting and re-creating the plan a few times, it seems to now have worked without any modifications. I did not see any useful logs in either servers to indicate what the problem was early on.

Out of interest, why do you have more options in your screenshot than I do, on Trigger conditions:

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 9.53.57 pm.pngI am using Bamboo 6.0.1 and Bitbucket Server 5.0.1.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2017

We have few internal plugins to add trigger conditions, they're not production ready yet

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events