Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Bamboo tasks in memory

Sebastian Meyer December 1, 2014

Is it somehow possible to run tasks in memory out of the box? I'd like to have my working directory copied into memory to run the tasks faster, especially  things like the sonar alaysis. I appreciate any hints on that topic.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

1 vote
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2014

Sebastian

What do you mean by "running tasks in memory". Do you want to use RAM-based filesystem instead of disk-based? As @Sergey Podobry [Stellarity Software] noticed this will not speed up Sonar analysis much. You might want to make sure that all your java processes have plenty of heap (-Xmx setting).

Please tell us more about your plan/tasks configuration and where you're having performance problems so we might provide more targeted answer.

1 vote
Sergey Podobry _Stellarity Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

I think you can use RAM disk for that. However I'm sure that sonar analysis is CPU-bound and the files are cached in memory by OS (so RAM disk won't help much).

I didn't measure sonar analysis performance but I measured speed of Visual C++ compilation and there was almost linear dependency on CPU while faster disk played not a big role.

0 votes
Sebastian Meyer December 10, 2014

Krystian,

thats exactly what I wanted to do. But since you both say, that this won't be that effective I probably don't follow that idea anymore.

Thanks a lot!

0 votes
David S. December 2, 2014

And if you're running on linux, you'll want to take a look at /dev/shm

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events