Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict builds between times

Adam Strawson January 8, 2013

We have a few rules in place within our development process, one of which is that we don't push out code changes after 4pm, and on Fridays.

I'd like to try and bring these rules into play on Bamboo.

Is there a way to only allow builds during certian times?

I thought about just setting the plan as 'disabled' but then any user can then go and enable it, alternativly is there a way to set the permissions so a user is unable to enable a disabled plan?

1 answer

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Hello adam,

As for setting permissions: I think you need to unset "BUILD" permission to disallow the user enabling/disabling a plan. Would that be a viable option?

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Yeah, that was worrying me too. In that case I don't see any other 'special' permission to control plan disabling/enabling.

Allthough, on the second thought - if you're considering enabling/disabling plans method, then maybe you could also manipulate the permissions too? After all, if people are disallowed to run the plans between 4pm++ and Fridays, then you could turn the 'build' permissions for them too, right? And I'm speculating, that if you would go with this solution, you would somehow automate the task of enabling/disabling plans so you could probably automate permission stuff too... But I'm speculating here.

cheers!

Hi, that's correct, but then it also disallows them from running the build too, which i'd still like them to be able to do during some defined hours.

Yeah, automating the ask would be prefered. I did look at the API, and having a cron run on the server which triggers the plans to be disabled/enabled, but the API is quite limited and only allows GET..

Might look at writing a plugin that can handle this kind of thing, speciify a time and/or date to disable/enable a plan. I'd imagine some other Bamboo user might find a use for it. Just hoped there were some easy way to do this already.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events