Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict a plan to a specific local agent

Sean Dockery August 14, 2012

We have six build plans that we run manually about once a month to perform a comprehensive set of regression tests of integration between various products that we develop. The longest running of these plans is approximately 50 hours in length.

Is there a way in which I can configure the plans to have an affinity to a specifc local agent so that we can prevent them from saturating our build queues?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

Sean - The Bamboo Group Agent plugin should be able to help you. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.edwardawebb.bamboo-group-agent

Sean Dockery August 30, 2012

Thanks, Adam. At first glance, this looks to be exactly what I need.

0 votes
Kidane Yosief March 12, 2020

I think Dedicated agent was enough solution to my problem. I had the problem of running two jobs and fails if they run at the same time. Now I am able to block them using the dedicated agent feature. Thanks

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2012

The simplest approach would be to add a custom capability (e.g. longRunningJobAgent) to that agent and add a requirement for that capability on these 6 jobs.

Sean Dockery August 30, 2012

The problem is that you cannot add custom capabilities to individual local agents.

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2012

You can't? That's news to me. I have two builds that need to share a resource (exclusive) so I defined "gateResourceX" as a capability on one and only one local agent. Then, both build plans have a requirement for "gateResourceX" exists. Which ever build plan gets to that specific local agent first, the other build plan is forced to wait in the queue until the agent is no longer being used.

Bastien Chong January 28, 2014

I think he meant that this local agent will not be dedicated because it shares some custom capabilities.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events