Restrict a plan to a specific local agent

We have six build plans that we run manually about once a month to perform a comprehensive set of regression tests of integration between various products that we develop. The longest running of these plans is approximately 50 hours in length.

Is there a way in which I can configure the plans to have an affinity to a specifc local agent so that we can prevent them from saturating our build queues?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Sean - The Bamboo Group Agent plugin should be able to help you. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.edwardawebb.bamboo-group-agent

Thanks, Adam. At first glance, this looks to be exactly what I need.

This widget could not be displayed.

The simplest approach would be to add a custom capability (e.g. longRunningJobAgent) to that agent and add a requirement for that capability on these 6 jobs.

The problem is that you cannot add custom capabilities to individual local agents.

You can't? That's news to me. I have two builds that need to share a resource (exclusive) so I defined "gateResourceX" as a capability on one and only one local agent. Then, both build plans have a requirement for "gateResourceX" exists. Which ever build plan gets to that specific local agent first, the other build plan is forced to wait in the queue until the agent is no longer being used.

I think he meant that this local agent will not be dedicated because it shares some custom capabilities.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

170 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you