Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rerun a part of a completed build.

Joseph Barker December 21, 2016

Can I rerun part of a completed build after it is done?  ie. I have a stage to compile my code and create artifacts for the installers to use in the next stage. The installers pass the build but on testing I find that the artifact checkout for one job was incorrect.  The compile of the code was good and the artifact was good but my config for the pulling of the artifact was wrong. How can I rerun just that job or just that stage, using the already completed prior stage.  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Divin Honnappa December 21, 2016

I was having the same problem with stages. Even though the artifact is build and I even added a script task to check that it exists, but the next stage was not picking up the artifact.

For my case, artifact was built in a target location of checkout directory. In the scp task for installation, I selected from local files and provided the artifact details (eg target/{artifact.id}.war).

Joseph Barker December 21, 2016

The artifact checked out to the correct folder.  However, the folder I entered was wrong.  I just want to rerun the stage with the new checkout location for the artifact.  If there is a way to do that awesome if not I can try breaking the stages apart into plans and add dependencies just in case I ever need to rerun the installers but not the full compile of code again.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Joseph.

Divin Honnappa December 21, 2016

It's  usually a pain when you see the artifact is building correctly and into right location but the next stages says the artifact is not found in that location even though the config is correct.

I would say break your stages into two plans for your case. Because I've seen cases where the second stage did recognize the artifact sometimes and sometimes it didn't for same configuration.

-Divin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events