cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename a project?

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2012

Is it just me.. or is there no way to simply rename a project?

Am I going to have to move the plan to a temporary holding area to change the key.. then move it back to the original key with the new name?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2012

Try "configure plan" -> "plan details" -> "project name". That way you can rename the project.

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2012

Ah thanks! Yeah I remember seeing that awhile back now... It just doesn't seem like a very intuitive place to rename a project is in a plan of the project.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2012

I don't know how it is in Bamboo, but in Jira unfortunately you can only change the name of the project, the key can't be changed. So I usually create a new project with the correct key and then with the option "change in block" I traspass all the issues to the new name project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events