Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing releases after deployment

Michael Pear October 6, 2014

After starting to use deployments in Bamboo, disk usage keeps increasing as each release associated with a deployment keeps the artifacts for the release, and there doesn't seem to be a means of removing releases once created for a deployment. For example, we have one server which we deploy each build to automatically, and we don't really care about the releases after they are deployed.   I see that I could delete the directories in "globalStorage" under the artifacts folder, however, that approach seems could result in breaking something later, or easily removing a release (for another deployment environment) that I don't want to lose. In addition, the release would still be appearing the Bamboo database. Is there any way to remove these releases once deployed without the risk of compromising integrity with the database or removing a release I want to keep?

3 answers

0 votes
Michael Pear October 7, 2014

Thanks, Jason. I've added my vote to that issue and will watch it. Krystian, will the issue above be assigned to the release in Jira? It currently has no assignment or indication that it will be addressed.

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2014

I have a support ticket in for that, please vote for it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13474

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2014

We'll be shipping Deployment Expiry (similar to Build Expiry) in Bamboo 5.7. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events