Removing releases after deployment

After starting to use deployments in Bamboo, disk usage keeps increasing as each release associated with a deployment keeps the artifacts for the release, and there doesn't seem to be a means of removing releases once created for a deployment. For example, we have one server which we deploy each build to automatically, and we don't really care about the releases after they are deployed.   I see that I could delete the directories in "globalStorage" under the artifacts folder, however, that approach seems could result in breaking something later, or easily removing a release (for another deployment environment) that I don't want to lose. In addition, the release would still be appearing the Bamboo database. Is there any way to remove these releases once deployed without the risk of compromising integrity with the database or removing a release I want to keep?

3 answers

0 votes

We'll be shipping Deployment Expiry (similar to Build Expiry) in Bamboo 5.7. 

I have a support ticket in for that, please vote for it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13474

Thanks, Jason. I've added my vote to that issue and will watch it. Krystian, will the issue above be assigned to the release in Jira? It currently has no assignment or indication that it will be addressed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,061 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot