cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent for multiple Bamboo servers

Jay Chang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

Hi All,

I have a production Bamboo server and a development Bamboo server and I would like to connect to a same remote agent host.  Is it possible?

I think I would need to install another remote agent on the same remote host (Linux) and with a different bamboo-agent-home location.  Is this the right way to do it?  Is there a better way?

Thanks for your inputs.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

Hi Jay,

According to the documentation below:

You can have 2 remote agents running on the same machine if you do what you described:

Note that you can run multiple Bamboo agents on the same machine – you just need to provide a separate home directory for each agent installation.

However, you can't connect one remote agent to 2 different servers.

I hope that helps.

Best,
Thiago Bomfim
DevTools Support

Jay Chang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

Installed 2 remote agents in the same machine with separate bamboo-agent-home and started them both. They seems working fine with the 2 servers. Anyway, to be safe, I stopped one remote agent before doing any test.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events