Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST call posting comments with html links problem

v-jborkowski March 18, 2014
Hi there, We are trying to post comments via REST that link to particular labels, i.e instead of posting a comment that says "The labels on this job are: x y and z" I wanted to post "The labels on this build are x .....etc i.e. embedding links to them, However, even though I post a payload of: <comment> <content>some test ABC or other</content> </comment> I only get the words " or other" in the comment. Am I doing this in the wrong way? Is there a different way of performing links? The curl command I am using to send the content that is in a file called content: cat content | curl -fail --silent --verbose --header 'Content-Type: application/xml' --request POST --data-ascii @ --user-agent 'Hotels.com Shell Library & SCM System' --user xxxxx:xxxxx – http://bamboo.hotels.com/rest/api/latest/result/BOOKING-BAMB-274/comment?os_authType=basic Support Request Sent by: v-jborkowski@expedia.com Priority: 3 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the end of an automated request sent using the Support Tools Plugin ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 answer

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2014

Are you posting XML?

DId you escape the comment in CDATA?

<,> and other characters used in links are invalid as XML values/attributes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events