Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue bamboo builds

Fricco March 15, 2018

Hello, I have 2 plans, one parent of the other. The first one runs in less than 20 minutes, while the second one takes almost 5hrs to run in a dedicated agent.

Now imagine the following situation: First plan runs and triggers the build on the second plan. Now while the second plan is still running, the first plan starts again. Now when it finishes, as the second plan is still running from the first build it never builds again, loosing that second build at all.

Is there a way I can make the plan queue up so that when it finishes and there is a build pending, it kicks again?

Thank you.

Running Bamboo version: 5.14.3.1 build 51416 - 05 Dec 16

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2018

What if you configure concurrent builds for second plan, set for example 3 concurrent builds. Then when first plan completes it will add second plan to a queue

Fricco March 19, 2018

This builds can't be concurrent, as they run on a single agent, and at that time the agent is busy with the first run of the build on the second plan.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Concurrent build means Bamboo will not prevent to run this build when it's already running. If plan can be executed at single agent then Bamboo will hold build in queue

Fricco March 20, 2018

Ok, that sounds like what I need. I will try it out. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events