Query Bamboo for 10,000 test results = Connection reset by peer: socket write error or URI too long

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2014

When I execute the following I either receive URI-Too-Long when accessible bamboo via apache or "java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error" when accessing bamboo directly

result/BAMSYT-BRGIT-JOB1-latest?expand=testResults.allTests

Can I get a list of IDs from REST which I can use to iterate and access individual results ?

My goal is to track success and failures across partial builds. I need to know last-known-pass and first-known-fail. Because I have 10,000 unit tests the query is long.

Is it possible for me to do this via the REST interface on bamboo 4.4.2 or must I package the details in a file and store that as an artifact?

def restClient = new RESTClient(myBambooURL)
def query = 'result/BAMSYT-BRGIT-JOB1-latest?expand=testResults.allTests'

// Added This to set a long wait, but I'm not sure it is working
def headers = ['http.connection.timeout': 300000, 'http.socket.timeout': 300000]
restClient.setHeaders(headers)

def response = restClient.get(path : path , contentType: 'TEXT' ,
      headers : [Accept: 'application/json'], query : [ (splitQuery[0]):(splitQuery[1]), "max-results" : "100" ] )

return JsonParser(response.data.text)

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Peter

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

I'm pretty sure the answer is = don't access the data via this channel and parse the surefire reports directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events