Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Bamboo - local agent and 10+ builds = ? still need to purchase remote agent in an effort to get unlimited plans?

Janene Hoffmann August 9, 2012

Preparing to purchase Bamboo, but confused upon the pricing.

We have our source code repository and Bamboo on the same server, so does that mean I don't need to purchase a remote agent? But then I'm limited to 10 plans - correct?

Or do I need to purchase 1 remote agent in order to get unlimited plans?

2 answers

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2012

It wont suffice unless you have a really super PC that can accomodate 29 local agents in addtion to the remote agent. I mentioned a super PC because each of the local agent; a JAVA process will take resources (RAM and CPU). With the assumption that each agent will take atleast 768MB of RAM, your PC should have around 32GB of RAM

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Bamboo licensing is based on agents rather than user which is somehow a good news. The flexibility of having several agents on your server is to be able to run jobs concurrently.

Now if your source repository is on same server as Bamboo and you dont need concurrent builds, then you can stick with the starter license that allows you to create unlimited local agents with 10 jobs (10 jobs can mean 10 plans with 1 job each OR a single plan with 10 jobs depending). Another thing to be aware of is the fact that you can create mutilple local agents as long as your server is super interms of specs.

So the biggest question I guess will be on whether 10 jobs will satisfy your need other wise you may want to upgrade the license to 1 remote agents with unlimited jobs.

Janene Hoffmann August 9, 2012

If I were to have 30 concurrent builds, will 1 remote agent with unlimited jobs (builds) suffice?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events