cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with MSBuild

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Hello Guys

My C++ projekt won't compile on my Bamboo testinstallation.
I'm using the msbuildtask with VS 2012. If I run it from a commandline it works fine
If i run it via bamboo it failes with the error

build	26-Aug-2013 18:07:12	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(347,5): error MSB4018: The "CL" task failed unexpectedly. [C:\data\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\MYProject-IMB-JOB1\icos\common\common.vcxproj]
build	26-Aug-2013 18:07:12	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(347,5): error MSB4018: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Build.Utilities.FileTracker' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\data\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\MyProject-IMB-JOB1\icos\common\common.vcxproj]

What I'm doing wrong?

I also created a batch file and run it as SYSTEM User. This also works fine. so it shouldn't be a problem with User rights.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Hi

I found the problem. MSBUILD cannot use the default temp directory of Windows 7
Changing the MSBUILD task to an inline task

set temp=c:\temp
set tmp=c:\temp
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /t:rebuild /p:Configuration=Release /p:Platform=Win32 /m /fileLogger cxxx2012.sln

fixes the problem. If I remove the "set temp" commandos it fails again with the same error messages

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2013

Have you tried running msbuild on the exact same checkout Bamboo is using? Run MSBuild on the files in C:\data\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\MyProject-IMB-JOB1\. Your personal local copy may have an extra file that wasn't included in your Source Control.

0 votes
Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2013

I'm not shure but the atlassian products have a problem with spaces in the path. Maybe this causes your exception. The MABuild is installt to "C:\Program Files (x86)\"...

Hope that helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events