Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sudo cp an artifact to another location: No such file

Sören Kornetzki September 16, 2014

I would like to sudo cp the downloaded artifact into the final deployment location. Unfortunately cp complains that it cannot find the file but looks in the very same working directory. Due to a debugging session I also insert a ls-debug task between artifact download and sudo cp. The file is there. Can anybody help me to solve this?

Snippets from the build log:

Preparing to download plan result TSDE-TSDE-1 artifact: Shared artifact: [TSDE Distribution Artifact], pattern: [Tomatenstau-de-*.tar.gz]
Artifact [TSDE Distribution Artifact] downloaded successfully in 0s to working directory
Finished task 'Download release contents' with result: Success
Starting task 'DEBUG' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask:task.builder.script'
bamboo_build_working_directory=/srv/atlassian/data/bamboo/xml-data/build-dir/819202-950274
-rw-r--r-- 1 atlassian atlassian 9.1M Sep 17 10:53 Tomatenstau-de-0.001.tar.gz
Finished task 'DEBUG' with result: Success
Starting task 'Copy distribution artifact to the deplyment stage' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask:task.builder.command'
bamboo_build_working_directory=/srv/atlassian/data/bamboo/xml-data/build-dir/819202-950274
cp: cannot stat `Tomatenstau-de-*.tar.gz': No such file or directory
Failing task since return code of [/usr/bin/sudo cp -f Tomatenstau-de-*.tar.gz /home/meik/tomatenstau.de/deploy-me/] was 1 while expected 0
Finished task 'Copy distribution artifact to the deplyment stage' with result: Failed

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2014

Your Copy distribution artifact to the deplyment stage task is a Command task. Arguments to Command task are not shell expanded, it means that you are actually executing a command that you'd write in the shell like this:

/usr/bin/sudo cp -f 'Tomatenstau-de-*.tar.gz' '/home/meik/tomatenstau.de/deploy-me/'

and of course you don't have a file named Tomatenstau-de-*.tar.gz

I'd suggest using script task for the other task as well.

Sören Kornetzki September 17, 2014

I use the script task an it works. Please let the PM notice that this information would have a major value when mention it within the script task box.

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2014

Thx for the suggestion, I passed it to our tech writer.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
September 16, 2014

that ls-debug - are you running it through sudo?

No. Do you think sudo is changing working directory? I will try it too.

{{sudo ls -ahl}} will produce the same output as the normal {{ls -ahl}} does.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events