Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with passing arguments with empty spaces

Pavel Kudrys December 11, 2012

Hello folks,

I have a little problem with passing arguments with empty spaces to application started with Bamboo Command task. I found a similar problem discussed here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11106/bamboo-how-do-i-pass-a-value-with-a-spaces-on-a-command-line-script-in-bamboo-3-2

Sadly, the suggested quoting of whole parameter does not work for me.

Here are the original arguments I need to pass:

/pa:AUTStartPath="c:\temp\Hello World\HelloWorld.exe" /tc:HelloWorld_1 /zr /zrf:"Ranorex/HelloWorldRX/bin/Debug/Reports/Report.rxzlog"

If there is no empty space in the "Hello World" folder, all arguments are passed OK.

I tried to enclose the problematic argument like this...
/pa:AUTStartPath=""c:\temp\Hello World\HelloWorld.exe"" /tc:HelloWorld_1 /zr /zrf:"Ranorex/HelloWorldRX/bin/Debug/Reports/Report.rxzlog"

or this...
"/pa:AUTStartPath="c:\temp\Hello World\HelloWorld.exe"" /tc:HelloWorld_1 /zr /zrf:"Ranorex/HelloWorldRX/bin/Debug/Reports/Report.rxzlog"

I even tried to use single quotes (based of this document https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-9502), but to no avail. Any suggestion?

BTW, I'm evaluating Bamboo version 4.3.2 build 3402 - 28 Nov 12.

Thank you in advance!

Pavel Kudrys

2 answers

0 votes
Pavel Kudrys January 3, 2013

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for my delayed answer. I somehow missed your post ;)

I already tried your suggestion but it did not help. Anyway, because I expect to use some path variables, enclosing just a part of the path would not be a solution at all.

0 votes
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

Try double quotes JUST around the "Hello World" part of the path.

/pa:AUTStartPath=c:\temp\"Hello World"\HelloWorld.exe /tc:HelloWorld_1 /zr /zrf:"Ranorex/HelloWorldRX/bin/Debug/Reports/Report.rxzlog"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events