Problem with decorate my action in xWork, the page shows without tabs

Deleted user August 10, 2017

Hi,

please I am new to Bamboo development and have a problem, if you could hellp me.

I develop a bamboo plugin and I have this xwork:

<xwork key="viewNFTResults" name="View NFT Results">
<package name="nftResults" extends="buildResultView">
<action name="viewNFTLogs" class="com.atlassian.sap.nftresults.impl.NFTLogsView">
<result name="success" type="freemarker">/fragments/view-nft-results-log.ftl</result>
<result name="error" type="freemarker">/fragments/error.ftl</result>
</action>
</package>
</xwork>

<web-item key="NFT:\${planKey}-\${buildNumber}" name="chainNFTResults" section="chainResults.subMenu/chainResults"
weight="80">
<label key="NFT logs"/>
<link linkId="NFT:\${planKey}-\${buildNumber}">/build/result/viewNFTLogs.action?buildKey=${planKey}&amp;buildNumber=${buildNumber}</link>
</web-item>

in my ftl file I put in head: 

<head>
<meta name="decorator" content="result"/>
<meta name="tab" content="chainNFTResults"/>
</head>

and the NFTLogsView class extends BuildResultsAction.

Now when I click the NFt logs tab when the build is running, the content of this tab is appears and the action performed and the page decorator is ok also, like that:

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 11.31.09.png

But when I refresh the page or when the build is finished, and I am showing the tab (I mean inside the tab), I get this page:

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 11.29.09.png

the other tabs is disappeared and I git many exceptions in logs, like:

Java method "com.atlassian.bamboo.ww2.BambooActionSupport.getWebSectionsForLocation(String)" threw  an exception.

and ...

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] The following has evaluated to null or missing:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ==> fn.hasPlanPermissionForKey("BUILD", stage.planKey)  [in template "lib/chains.ftl" at line 369, column 49]

and ...

Java method "com.atlassian.bamboo.ww2.BambooActionSupport.hasPlanPermission(String, String)"an exception.

and myny other exeptions. Although the action url is the same when I click the tab and when refresh the page.

Any suggestions please.

Thank you very much in advance. 

5 answers

1 vote
Anne Calantog
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2018

Hi @[deleted], @Markus Schulte, @Kshitij Korde,

For developer related questions, you should be posting on this forum: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/ . This community forum is for user/admin related questions. If you could post it there, I'd reach out to my team and escalate the problem. Let me know of the link.

Cheers,

Anne Calantog

Kshitij Korde May 15, 2018

I have posted it on Developer Forum, below is the link

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/problem-with-decorator-in-xwork-the-page-is-displayed-without-tabs-and-lot-of-exceptions-in-the-log/18516

Could you please escalate it at the earliest, this is a seemingly simple issue, and we have spent quite a few days trying to get it working ?

1 vote
Kshitij Korde May 14, 2018

@Alexey Chystoprudov  can you help us with this ?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2018
1 vote
Kshitij Korde May 11, 2018

Can someone from atlassian team(s) answer this? I think quite a few people are facing this (including myself), should not be too difficult for the Atlassian developer forum to figure out and provide a hint.

Kshitij Korde May 11, 2018

I have a feeling that some sort of initialization are required in the class extending "ViewBuildResults"

Any hints Atlassian folks ?

1 vote
Markus Schulte May 7, 2018

Same here (searching for solution).

Markus Schulte May 14, 2018

n1

1 vote
blinnovo September 28, 2017

I have a similar issue, did you find a solution yet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events