Problem with Bamboo security

Chip Truax December 4, 2014

We have bamboo 5.3 and it is using Crowd (which is synched with our AD) for user management.  We have a user who is in crowd and shows up in bamboo users and his assigned groups.  The problem is, when he tries to login to bamboo with his correct user and password, he keeps getting told his user is invalid and is getting prompted for a username/password and a captcha.  We have never seen this behavior from bamboo for a user who is in the system - for all other users, their AD user and pw work fine.  We have investigated this from the AD/Crowd side and have determined that there is nothing wrong with his user account.  Also, he can login into JIRA just fine, and it is set up the same way with Crowd.  Can you tell me what in bamboo may be causing this behavior?  For instance, if there was a local user with same account name, could that cause a problem (just and example, we do not have local users and groups turned on for bamboo).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2014

Hi Chip,

Probably the user has exceeded the number of failed login attempts in Bamboo.

Can you please connect to the Bamboo database and run this query:

DELETE FROM AUTH_ATTEMPT_INFO;

This should zero the failed login attempts count for every user. Then, please restart the Bamboo instance.

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

Chip Truax December 4, 2014

That seemed to have cleared it up.

Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2014

Awesome stuff!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events