Problem when install Bamboo latest version

IT OFFICE November 7, 2017

Good evening,
during the Bamboo installation, a bamboo error occurs because healt check failed.
He manages to create tables on the database but will not start.

Bamboo.PNGThanks a lot!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

Hi,

The error messages actually contain the steps to follow to identify and correct this problem.  Just above that stack trace is a pair of URLs to follow to correct those problems.   This problem happens because your database has not be setup correctly for Bamboo.   I can see that the isolation level is incorrect on the database and that the collation in use on the database also appear to be incorrect given that error message.   The good news is that there is a way to fix both of these problems at the same time.

I would recommend that you actually create a new empty database.   It's important to follow closely the steps in https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/microsoft-sql-server-289276827.html in order to make sure that you setup this database with the correct isolation level and collation type that are appropriate for Bamboo.  

Is this a fresh installation?  Or is this an upgrade to Bamboo?

If this is a fresh install, then you should have no problems with just dropping the existing database, and following that guide very closely in order to create this new database and connect it to this specific Bamboo install.   Please let me know if this is an upgrade as there will likely need to be other steps taken in order to both maintain your data and correct the database setup.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events