Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem resolving bamboo variable.

Carlos Eduardo Oliveira Bomfim July 14, 2011

Hello,

We've been having some problems trying to pass an argument to our script that needs to resolve a filepath using the same directory that the build is been ran.

At first we tried using a relative path, like this: -b deploy.gradle -Dconf="conf/hml.properties"

But we've been getting a file not found on the conf/hml.properties.

Then we tried using a bamboo variable, like this: -b deploy.gradle -Dconf="${build.working.directory}/conf/hml.properties", expecting that the variable gets resolved to where bamboo is executing the script, but for some reason its not being resolved at all.

Variables should be resolved in arguments of tasks, right? Or am i thinking wrong?

Thanks for the help.

3 answers

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2011

Which Bamboo version are you using? And which builder/task? Ant?

I recall there was recently a bug in Ant task which prevented passing the variables to the Ant execution. Might it effect also script builder/task? Hm...

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2011

Which Bamboo version are you using? And which builder/task? Ant?

I recall there was recently a bug in Ant task which prevented passing the variables to the Ant execution. Might it effect also script builder/task? Hm...

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2011

As stupid as it sounds, it might have something to do with your quoting. That always gets me and that might be why the latter is not picking up the variable path.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events