Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Problem creating msbuild task) Step-by-step msbuild task creation?

Deleted user January 26, 2016

I'm currently evaluating the Atlassian products for our business (Bitbucket server, crucible/fisheye, bamboo).  I have my repo setup with a sample .net application pushed. Crucible is integrated. I need to add a simple msbuild task to bamboo so that my app will build when a push is detected, but I can't get the step added to build.  There is /very/ light documentation on the Project File field.  I can find no step-by-step examples for this anywhere, and all I see for the Project File field is "The name of your project goes here"  which is apparently inaccurate.  Please assist.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2016

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your inquire.

First of all, you are going to add a repository in Bamboo so your source code can be used by Bamboo in a MSBuild task. In order to do it so, please refer to Linking to source code repositories documentation for further information.

Lets assume you have the following in your repository:

./helloworld.csproj

When running Source Code Checkout task, the "helloworld.csproj" will be located at the root of Build Working Directory and in Project File field you should be specifying the relative path to "helloworld.csproj", for instance.

bamboo.planConfiguration.msbuild.png

For more information, please open build log generated as you will have more information about the above mentioned:

bamboo.buildLog.png

simple	26-Jan-2016 13:44:16	Build working directory is <bamboo-home>/xml-data/build-dir/PROJ-PLAN-JOB1

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Deleted user January 27, 2016

I will be as detailed as possible so my comment may help out when others see this fix.  I see now the relative path for the project file is what I was not fully grasping.  In my repository "BitTestRepo" I have my console application in a folder "ConsoleApplication1" and within that folder is the solution file, so it looks like this:  "BitTestRepo/ConsoleApplication1/ConsoleApplication1.sln"  So for the project file field, using "./ConsoleApplication1/ConsoleApplication1.sln" did the trick.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events