Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershell script always fails

Marcin Goliński April 17, 2014

In my bamboo job I have a powershell 'script' task ('Run as Powershell script' checked) with following content:

@"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<connectionStrings>
  <add name="CargoContext" connectionString="" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" ></add>
</connectionStrings>
"@ > ConnectionStrings.config

echo everything in order!

Ever since I added this task all builds fail, even though all tests are run and pass. I checked build logs and found following message (in red, probably meaning that this fails the build):

Unable to find executable at &('C:\Program Files\Bamboo\temp\CARGO-GATE2-JOB1-3-ScriptBuildTask-5984229618597029809.ps1'). Will try to run it anyway.

1. Script executes normally (I can see the output in logs). Why is bamboo complaining? Can't it detect script generated by itself?
  2. Execution continues until all tests are ran and pass. If bamboo fails because of this task shouldn't it prevent next steps from running?
  3. How can I get this build to pass?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Goliński April 21, 2014

@Marcin Gardias was right, the red warning didn't fail the build. I found following line in logs:

simple	18-kwi-2014 16:51:51	Starting task 'NUnit Parser' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.dotnet:nunit'
simple	18-kwi-2014 16:51:51	Parsing test results...
simple	18-kwi-2014 16:51:51	Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found.
simple	18-kwi-2014 16:51:51	Finished task 'NUnit Parser'

Nunit results parser couldn't find any test results (filename changed) and it failed.

I still don't know why red line didn't fail the build and line that actually failed it was indistinguishable from all the log noise.

0 votes

5.3 build 4101 -10 Dec 13

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2014

That 'unable to find executable' is only a warning that program you try to run is neither absolute path nor a path relative to working dir. We put this warning because in some cases it might be relevant (as in you expect executable to be on PATH but it's not)

Execution continues because the script didn't fail. It must be sth else. Please show the complete build log.

You were right, see my answer below

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2014

It has also reported that for me too but my build doesn't fail. What version of Bamboo are you running?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events