Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan variables that are based off agent capabilities?

Osman Ullah August 13, 2013

Our project uses a 3rd party SDK which is kept on the build agent. I store the path to this in a capability on the agent. So I have FLEX_4.5 as one capability and FLEX_4.6 as another capability. Currently I am passing these to ant in the task configuration. However, we have one branch that uses 4.5 and one branch that uses 4.6. How can I configure Bamboo so that I can do a branch build using the older SDK? I tried setting a plan variable based off the agent capability but that didn't work.

2 answers

0 votes
Osman Ullah August 15, 2013

I am passing them via command arguments to the ant task. I'll take a look at that plugin, thanks.

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

How are you passing them to the ant task? (i.e. command arguments?)

I am thinking a hacky approach would be to checkin a properties file in each branch that denotes the version of flex it wants.

flex=4.5

flex=4.6

and then you can use the https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-variable-inject-plugin plugin to set that as a variable, which can be used in the ant configuration.

I am passing them via command arguments to the ant task. I'll take a look at that plugin, thanks.

I'm a little confused as to how this can help me. It doesn't look like it will allow me to access the agent capabilities to get the proper path to the necessary FLEX SDK.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events