Plan variables that are based off agent capabilities?

Our project uses a 3rd party SDK which is kept on the build agent. I store the path to this in a capability on the agent. So I have FLEX_4.5 as one capability and FLEX_4.6 as another capability. Currently I am passing these to ant in the task configuration. However, we have one branch that uses 4.5 and one branch that uses 4.6. How can I configure Bamboo so that I can do a branch build using the older SDK? I tried setting a plan variable based off the agent capability but that didn't work.

2 answers

How are you passing them to the ant task? (i.e. command arguments?)

I am thinking a hacky approach would be to checkin a properties file in each branch that denotes the version of flex it wants.

flex=4.5

flex=4.6

and then you can use the https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-variable-inject-plugin plugin to set that as a variable, which can be used in the ant configuration.

I am passing them via command arguments to the ant task. I'll take a look at that plugin, thanks.

I'm a little confused as to how this can help me. It doesn't look like it will allow me to access the agent capabilities to get the proper path to the necessary FLEX SDK.

I am passing them via command arguments to the ant task. I'll take a look at that plugin, thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,568 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you