Plan branches for branch updater and Gatekeeper?

Timothy Harris September 29, 2014

Hi,

I want to have an integration branch as my base branch. feature/dev.

I then want to create a Bamboo plan branch which will run a set of basic build checks after pulling in any changes on feature/dev. If successful, then merge the changes into the plan branch.

Flow:

• Developer hits create branch in Jira. feature/JIRA-ISSUE-Key blah blah.
  • Plan branch is created, build is done.
  • Developer does changes and pushes on created branch. Branch integrator pulls in changes and merges to developers branch.

I create this basic build plan and linked it to my repo with feature/dev as branch. Set up my stages and jobs. Selected create plan branches and enabled merging with branch updater. 

This seems to work great smile

Now I want another plan which is downstream of these branch integrator builds. It would be the gatekeeper and run more extensive tests and if successful merge the changes back into the integration branch feature/dev for each run of a plan branch...

How to do this? I cloned the Branch integrator plan and tried to modify it to be a gatekeeper in branch merging but was unsuccessful. It is very confusing to be honest. 

Any help would be appreciated!

/Tim

3 answers

0 votes
dontv January 10, 2016

could you share the regex we need to use for feature branches?  i somehow cant get this working both merging and plan branch creation. 

0 votes
Timothy Harris October 15, 2014

Sorry for the late answer. But I got it working. Thanks smile

0 votes
Pawel Skierczynski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2014

How exactly is your plan configured and what is not working.

It's hard to help without more details.

I assume you have read this one already: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Using+plan+branches#Usingplanbranches-Gatekeeper

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events