cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Priorities

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2011

I don't think there is, but figured I would ask...

Is there a way to specify that a particular plan has build/agent priorities over another plan? For instance, if I had a "testing" plan that could be launched by our engineers to compile and test their product at any time. This potentially could be queued for awhile. But if I had a "Product Release" that was kicked off, potentially i would want it to have a higher priority over the other "non-important" builds that could be occupying our agents. Ideally it would be next in line to use whatever agents it needed in order to complete it's build.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2011

You can't do it automatically, but Bamboo has manual queue sorting capabilities (you can manually reproritise build in queue via drag and drop).

If you want to, you could write a plugin that moves your builds around in a queue using methods of BuildQueueManager class. I wouldn't be surprised if the feature you're asking about appeared in one of the next Bamboo releases. We already had internal mini-projects that focused on smarter build queue management.

Daniel Brice March 11, 2013

Is this an old feature that has been removed? I'm running Bamboo 4.4.1 and I can't see how drag items in the queue on the Dashboard Current Activity Page.

Andrei Markov April 1, 2013

18 months later, are we any closer to see smarter queue management? Not yet in 4.4.4 for all I can tell...

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2013

No, it's not in yet.

Rafer G August 16, 2020

How about now? 

Is there any smarter queue management available? 

1 vote
Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2011

You could examine what URL is being used when you drag-n-drop builds in the queue with Firebug. The URL is something like this:

• http://your.bamboo.server/build/admin/ajax/reorderBuild.action with a few arguments. Combine that with the Queue REST service and you could build a little priorirty script that can run as a cron job. However, the reorderBuild.action is not part of the official, public Bamboo API so it is subject to change between versions so use it at your own risk.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events