Permission via bamboo-specs

Johannes_Brunswicker June 28, 2017

Hi,

is it possible to define permissions for a bamboo plan in the bamboo-specs? I can't find anything regarding to that.

If it is not possible i have two follow up questions:

1. Will it be possible at a point in the (hopefuly near) future
  2. Is there a workaround to set permission for bamboo plans programatically (i.e. REST)

Thanks for the help!

Johannes

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

Update

Bamboo 6.1 has been released the other week and addresses the most notable Bamboo Specs gaps from release 6.0, including plan permissions:

• Manage plan permissions to control which users have access to various functions of the build plan.
  • Set up notifications about build results so that you can find out immediately about the success or failure of your builds.
  • Configure Miscellaneous plugins used for various additional functionalities for plans and jobs like Build expiry.
  • Define dependencies between various plans. 

Initial Answer

Permissions are one of the Bamboo Specs items that have been skipped for Bamboo 6.0 (also: deployment projects and notifications), but are apparently scheduled for Bamboo 6.1 - please watch and vote for the following issue to register your interest:

I'm not aware of a REST API based workaround from the top of my head (might well exist), but maybe Granting plan permissions in bulk would be sufficient to bridge the time until 6.1 arrives (don't know the ETA though)?

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

@Johannes_Brunswicker - I have updated my answer regarding the meanwhile available Bamboo 6.1 release, which now supports plan permissions in Bamboo Specs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events