Perforce workspace per build plan in Bamboo?

Per the documentation:

Do not create two Plans/Jobs that use the same client (e.g. one client set to manage, the other client set to not manage). This setup will create major issues in your builds.

Am I really expected to create a new workspace for every build plan? Is there any way to use a single workspace on multiple build plans?

2 answers

1 vote
Brydie McCoy Atlassian Team May 27, 2012

Hi,

The idea is that you dont want two things accessing the client at the same time. So if a circumstances arises where PLAN B suddenly starts building while the PLAN A is still going, PLAN B would cause a sync on that workspace, resulting in the first half of PLAN A building one revision and the second half building another revision.

You might be able to use the same client, for e.g. multiple jobs in a plan (if each job is in its own stage). Or, if you can guarentee none of the plans are going to execute at the same time (e.g. you only have one agent).

You may also be able to use the same client if your provide a different depot view for each plan. However I have not tested this.

In either of these scenarios you should not select the "manage my workspace" option.

Cheers,

Brydie

1 vote
Brydie McCoy Atlassian Team May 27, 2012

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,491 views 21 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you