Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perforce workspace per build plan in Bamboo?

emddudley May 15, 2012

Per the documentation:

Do not create two Plans/Jobs that use the same client (e.g. one client set to manage, the other client set to not manage). This setup will create major issues in your builds.

Am I really expected to create a new workspace for every build plan? Is there any way to use a single workspace on multiple build plans?

2 answers

1 vote
bmccoy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2012

1 vote
bmccoy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2012

Hi,

The idea is that you dont want two things accessing the client at the same time. So if a circumstances arises where PLAN B suddenly starts building while the PLAN A is still going, PLAN B would cause a sync on that workspace, resulting in the first half of PLAN A building one revision and the second half building another revision.

You might be able to use the same client, for e.g. multiple jobs in a plan (if each job is in its own stage). Or, if you can guarentee none of the plans are going to execute at the same time (e.g. you only have one agent).

You may also be able to use the same client if your provide a different depot view for each plan. However I have not tested this.

In either of these scenarios you should not select the "manage my workspace" option.

Cheers,

Brydie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events