cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Bamboo 3.4 [chain.subMenu/chain] behavior

Akira Tsuchiya
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2012

I just want to confirm about the [chain.subMenu/chain] specification in Bamboo 3.4.x.

I added a new plan sub menu.

And when the tab is clicked, Bread Crumb, Plan Navigator, and so on are displayed on the screen.

But when the URL is directly loaded, Bread Crumb, Plan Navigator, and so on are not displayed.

Is this the specification?

When it is Bamboo 3.2, Bread Crumb, Plan Navigator, and so on are not displayed even when the tab is clicked.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
bmccoy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2012

Hi,

This is the desired behaviour. The idea is that it should be as easy as possible for plugins to get the same look and feel for their pages as the rest of Bamboo. We have made some improvements in the last couple of releases to help with this.

There are two ways that Bamboo decides what html to decorate your page with. The first is based on the url. We pattern match the url to determine where in the UI your page is sitting and decorate accordingly. The other is what Przemek is talking about above. If Bamboo gets it wrong or can't figure it out, you can mandate which decorator to use.

You can find more information about decorating your pages here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOODEV/XWork+Plugin+Module#XWorkPluginModule-UsingBamboo%27sDecorators

ftl is Freemarker (.ftl is the file extention used for freemarker files). It is the templating language that Bamboo uses for creating our html pages. It is similar to jsp or velocity (if you have heard of those...)

You can find specific information about freemarker here:

http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/docs/index.html

Cheers,

Brydie

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2012

Do you have meta tag in your ftl for that tab?

Akira Tsuchiya
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2012

No, I do not know deeply about ftl technology.

What meta tag should I put in the ftl tag?

I have been wondering what FTL stands for and where I can find the technical material for that.

I have always looked into the directory of /webapp for FTL study.

On the online Development Hub, I do not find any descriptions about FTL.

Maybe I overlooked relevant pages.

Akira Tsuchiya
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2012

Thank you for your info.

With the appropriate meta tag, it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events