Offline/disabled agents in Bamboo

Vidhi Patel April 27, 2014

Hi all,

I have got following message under the requirement tab of a default job of the plan:

"This job can only be built by agents whose capabilities meet the 4 requirements below. 2 agents are capable of building this job. However, those agents are currently offline or disabled."

Can this create issues with bamboo in detecting a repository based trigger? I am able to run the plan manually but bamboo has stopped detecting triggers based on change in the repository after this problem. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2014

Hi Vidhi,

The repository will continue triggering as usual and Bamboo will detect them but, if there are no agents ready to take builds, the builds will be enqueued in order to be executed when an agent capable of running those builds is available.

The question is: if the 2 agents capable of running that plan are offline/disabled, how are you able to run that plan manually? There are some things you could initially check:

• Could you please verify that you have configured your Bamboo broker URI to be the same as your Bamboo base URL is (under Administration >> General Configuration)? Please see your BAMBOO_HOME/bamboo.cfg.xml file to check your Broker URI:
    <property name="bamboo.jms.broker.client.uri">failover:(tcp://_bamboo_host_name_:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?maxReconnectAttempts=10&initialReconnectDelay=15000</property>
    <property name="bamboo.jms.broker.uri">tcp://0.0.0.0:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000</property>
  • Are you using any 3rd party plugins?
  • Is there a proxy server or a firewall between Bamboo server and the remote agent?
  • Also, try to specify the full explicit java path in your BAMBOO_AGENT_HOME/conf/wrapper.conf file:
    wrapper.java.command=_explicit_path_to_java_
  • If none of the above mentioned steps help, please drop your Bamboo remote agent directory, drop jms-store and caches directories from BAMBOO_HOME, restart your Bamboo server and try to install the remote agent from scratch using the jar file downloaded from Administration > Agents > Install Remote Agent page.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events