Notification error Bamboo OnDemand 5.2-OD4

hi,

Our Bamboo OnDemand was just upgraded over the weekend by you guys, and we started suddenly getting this (harmless) error at the end of each build that is causing noise.

Notifier Build Complete Action custom build post complete action failed to run

(java.lang.NullPointerException)
(11 Nov 2013, 7:06:15 PM)
And when clicking on View Error Details, it just shows a blank page. The build is completed however, and shows up as green. But this is just kinda annoying. Please help
Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi All,

This is a bug with one of the Bamboo OnDemand plugins "notifier-bamboo-plugin". A fix is being prepared for the next release and we have reported this public facing bug report:

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14011

Also, the only notification we have configured is the built-in one for the event:

Failed Builds And First Successful

to send an email. That's it.

+1. Geez this is the second bug introduced on our OnDemand (the second is on Confluence https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-31565) since an upgrade that we were never even notified of.

Echoing the sentiments of another casualty. "Atlassian - do you yourself practice what you preach? Is your software ever tested before deploying"?

This error is still happening but the issue has been set to closed with the comment OD-7 would be released "next week" (which actually was last week). We seem to be still on OD-4.

If you're still on Bamboo 5.2-OD-4 at the moment, you will be upgraded to OD-7 in the coming maintenance window (tonight for US & EMEA, tomorrow for APAC).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

63 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you