Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "create plan" link in the menu

Naoko Reeves April 30, 2013

I am in Bamboo application but there is no "create plan" link to get it started. I believe somethng needs to be activated but I have no idea what... Could you guide me to right directions please?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2013

Hi Naoko,

Let's get this working for you :) I have been able to make the 'Create Plan' menu disappear when the 'Elastic Bamboo Configuration' is disabled. Can you confirm you configured and enabled this item already?

If you access the path https://<instance name>/builds I expect it will display a 'Configure Elastic Bamboo' button in the centre of the screen.

There is also the following great guide to answer any further questions you may have about the setup process in general: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Getting+started+with+Bamboo+OnDemand

Cheers,

Paul

0 votes
Naoko Reeves May 1, 2013

Hi Paul,
Looks like 'Elastic Bamboo Configuration' is already enabled because I do see 'Configure Elastic Bamboo' button in the center of the screen. There are 2 more button next to it horizontaly 'Create my first plan' and 'Import from...' which are disabled.

I read the link you sent me and made me realize that Bamboo OnDemand requires EC2 (sigh.. sorry I should have learned that first...)

I was thinking of Bamboo can be served like Hosted Jenkins. We don't host our app on EC2.

Sorry for the noise... so I guess my option is to download Banboo...

Thank you for your time and advice.

0 votes
Naoko Reeves May 1, 2013

I am an Admin and even have "Bamboo Admin" link and I can access to "Bamboo Admin" module.

I verified that "admin" as rights to "Create Plan".
I also added individual user (myself) and gave "Create Plan" access.

However still nothing in menu bar (i wish there is an easier way to insert image here to show screen shot. github makes this super easy)

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2013

You probably don't have create plan permission. Check (or have your admin check) Administration/Global Permissions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events