No agents are available to build this job. This job can be run on an elastic agent by starting a new elastic instance.

Jarno Henneman April 13, 2016

When starting a plan I get the message:

No agents are available to build this job.
This job can be run on an elastic agent by starting a new elastic instance.

When going to the buildimage configurator the build agent

Under the Executable jobs tab my plan is listed.

Where should I look what the problem is ?

Update:

Automatic elastic instance management
Elastic instance management: Default

In the past I created a custom-build agent and that one is working, within the 10min as you described. The new one is already in que for 50min...

This custom agent keeps saying in the status: Pending, does this indicate something is wrong ? It is not going to Idle status.

Apr 14, 2016 10:35:22 AM Requested that new elastic instance be created for configuration: bamboo-build-agent11042016 / ami-4e2fac3d
Apr 14, 2016 10:35:22 AM Elastic instance [i-f727827b] transitioned from STARTING to IDENTIFIED.
Apr 14, 2016 10:36:06 AM Elastic instance [i-f727827b] transitioned from IDENTIFIED to RUNNING.

5 answers

0 votes
Jarno Henneman April 14, 2016

Windows stock image - ami-bf02accc

Started the defualt stock image,

git config --global user.name <short_username>
git config --global user.email <email>

Then runned the c:\opt\bamboo-elastic-agent\bin\prepareInstanceForSaving.bat

Closed the AIM, went into Amazon and created a new AIM.

Next selected the new AIM as default agent.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2016

Which AMI are you using for the agent?

0 votes
Jarno Henneman April 14, 2016

JAVA_HOME: C:\opt\jdk-8
PATH: C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\opt\php-5.3.29\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Amazon\cfn-bootstrap\;C:\Program Files\Amazon\AWSCLI\;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\opt\git-2.6.1\cmd;C:\opt\mercurial-3.4.0\;
HOME: \Users\Bamboo
java version "1.8.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode)
No scripts to run.

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2016

If agent is stuck in Pending state for a long time, login to instance as see at agent logs

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
April 13, 2016

Look at Bamboo EC2 configuration to check strategy used by Bamboo to start new instances. If it's configured to start image every 10 minutes, then you build will be queued for 10 minutes + time to start elastic agent

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events