Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Checked Path

Sean Dockery May 15, 2013

I have configured some new plans to run by polling the Subversion repository. Neither plan is triggered after changes. In the Bamboo application server log, I see messages like the following:

Never checked path [<Subversion URL>] for plan <PLAN-KEY>, setting latest revision to 12345

Does anyone know what this message means and why the builds are not being triggered? We had the Subversion Source Repository option "Include / Exclude Files" configured previously with a regular expression to prevent non-code changes from triggering the build; we have since changed the option to "None", but it hasn't helped.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

Hi Sean,

The error appears to point that the latest revision has a null entry and as such it default to the previous value probably. Can you confirm whether you are using polling repo strategy or the build on commits? Can you also run the command svn info to see the latest revision returned

I am also wondering if you can try to run manually and then try the trigger again

Sean Dockery May 17, 2013

I am using the polling strategy. The working copy exists on a remote agent machine, there is no working copy on the master build server. The "never checked path" appears in the master build server's log.

Running the build works fine when triggered manually. It does not change the behaviour, though: version control changes still do not trigger builds.

I would also add that the build plan in question replaces one that was moved from the same project and plan keys. Could something be lingering from the previously existing plan that is confusing the master build server polling mechanism?

Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2013

Hi Sean

This sounds like a corrupted repo.. Can you try droping the repository and adding it back again. If this does not help, I will suggest you raise a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com for further investigation

Sean Dockery May 19, 2013

I've tried deleting the Source Repository for one of the plans and recreating it. Well, it worked -- kind of, but it has also made things worse in a way. Instead of never triggering, the build plan is now triggering repeatedly even though no changes have been made to the repository since the previous build. Subsequent builds report that the same change triggered them.

In the five years that we've been using Bamboo. I've never seen anything like this. :)

Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

Hi Sean,

Hmm that is interesting. In furtherance to troubleshooting this issue I will suggest that you enable the svnkit logs and then enable sql logging to trace the queries thrown during the build of the problematic plan as I suspect some errors on the PLAN_VCS_HISTORY table.

Sean Dockery May 23, 2013

The build was apparently not triggering incessantly, as I first assumed. It was merely triggered as many times as there had been committed since it had last been manually triggered. That is, there were 8 commits between the time that it had last been manually triggered and the time that I recreated the Subversion Repository for the plan. So, the build triggered 8 times (but always cited the most recent change has having triggered the build).

Long story short: Recreating the Subversion Repository at the plan-level fixed the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events