Network communication between Bamboo, BuildAgent and other

Arkadiusz Czapiewski September 28, 2017

I'm searching for a complete information about network communication between Bamboo, remote Agents, repositories and deployment, e.g.

1) When Agent downloads code from repository - does it download source code directly from repository or does it connect to Bamboo server and receives code through Bamboo?

2) When Agent deploys artifacts, e.g. to Artifactory - does it connect to Artifactory directly or does it upload artifacts to Bamboo server and then Bamboo server uploads them to Artifactory?

I'm interested on it, because I want to know how much network traffic is directed to / from Bamboo server and if Agent's machines are required to have possibility to connect to repositories or deploy machines directly (e.g. on firewalls, network routing etc.) or should they only be able to contact Bamboo server and everything will work, but all traffic will go through Bamboo server?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Arkadiusz,

Remote agents connect to source code repositories directly, and the same goes for anything else that a remote agent does really.

A remote agent only uses the Bamboo server in the following cases:

• When starting, it pulls down the latest binaries for the agent software to keep itself updated
  • When publishing a shared artifact, the agent uploads the artifact to the server
  • When using a shared artifact, the agent downloads the artifact from the server

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Arkadiusz Czapiewski September 29, 2017

Thank you very much for that explanation. It is exactly what I needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events