NetBeans Plugin for Bamboo

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2012

It seems the Atlassian Bamboo continuous integration product has IDE plugins for Eclipse, IntelliJ, and Visual Studio, but not NetBeans. http://www.atlassian.com/software/ide-connectors/overview

I was wondering if anyone else knows of a NetBeans plugin for working with Bamboo, similar to the Hudson Plugin in NetBeans?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2012

Hi Adam, I'm not aware of any Netbeans plugin at this time and Atlassian has no plans to implement one in the forseable future.

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2012

I thought so, but good to hear confirmation. Duplicate effort is definitely no fun. I started blogging about my experience getting started creating a NetBeans plugin for Bamboo here and if I ever get done will be sure to update this ticket. http://pronetbeans.com/archives/286

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2012

Wow thats really awesome Adam! Keep me in the loop with your progress :)

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2012

Progress update for those interested : So far I have a basic NetBeans plugin configured that can allow a user to register a remote Bamboo server, authenticate using Basic Auth to the REST API, expand a the children under the parent node to see the Projects in the Bamboo server and then open a details page which retrieves all the plans for a specific project and display the latest build results for that plan. You can read the latest blog post and see screenshots here. http://pronetbeans.com/archives/413

The plugin is a bit ugly and needs a lot of QA but is working based on what is shown in the screenshots. Next steps include getting it to trigger the plan to build and viewing the list of all builds for a specific plan.

1 vote
raulgd January 20, 2013

Adam Myatt's links are dead, there is no info whatsoever of a netbeans plugin ever existed, is there somewhere we can see the documentation or if the plugin was built at all?

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013
Raul - sorry the links died. My web host provider lost some of my data for a few months including my blog posts about building the Bamboo NetBeans pluin. The plugin was about halfway done and still needs some work before it is usable. I intend to return working on it soon and will publish some blogs posts on how I built it and user docs on how to actually use it.
J. Wilkes May 15, 2013

I'm very interested in Bamboo - NetBeans connector, too.

It would be good to hear whether Adam (or somebody else is) still on this.

J. Wilkes January 7, 2015

I'm still very interested in a Bamboo - NetBeans connector. Anything, anywhere?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events