NUnit test result not displaying correctly in Bamboo?

Andrew Pane December 12, 2015

I'm using Bamboo (cloud) to parse NUnit 3.0.1 test results and have encountered two oddities (possibly related) that I either don't have set up correctly or at least I'm not interpreting correctly:

1. When tests pass they show up correctly as "X tests passed" on the plan summary page, but if I go to the specific build page they are listed as "Quarantined / skipped". Is there not a way to get them to show up as "Passed"? (I don't see a "Passed" list, but having them show up next to a red exclamation point when there's nothing wrong with them is misleading.)

2. If a test begins to fail it correct shows up as a "New failure"; if it continues to fail it shows up as an "Existing failure"; but once I fix it it doesn't show up as a "Fixed" test. (It just jumps to "Skipped", as above.)

Have I set something up wrong?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 answer

3 votes
Andrew Pane December 15, 2015

Never mind: it turns out this is because Bamboo does not support the NUnit 3 results schema (yet, I hope).

I was able to get it working by specifying the format option to nunit3-console.exe:

--result=TestResults.xml;format=nunit2

Some references:

Roger Weiss January 20, 2016

Thanks for the tip, finally they are showing as passed and not Quarantined / skipped.

L W February 1, 2016

Andrew Pane's comment made NUnit test result parsing work for us, thanks Andrew!
We also moved the Test parsing task to 'Final Tasks' in our job, so the results are being parsed even if there's tests failing.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events