Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My database server crashed. How do I make Bamboo instance talk to new database server and restore from backup.

Nimitt Desai December 10, 2012

Hi,

Database server that hosted our Bamboo database crashed. We are setting up a new server. How Do I make Bamboo instance talk to new server? Note, new server has no Bamboo database at all.

Also I would like to restore from my backups that I have been taking weekly.

Please let me know how do I go about it. This is very urgent for us.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nimitt Desai January 3, 2013

We were able to successfully restore a backup from one month back. We did loose some work but not a lot. We had to manually fix some of our artifacts e.g. Acceptance Tests.buildnumber.trx files were already there so we had to delete those.

We have set up to take weekly backup and some more recent back ups failed. Don't know why. If backups continue to fail, I will open a new ticket.

0 votes
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Hi Nimitt:
What kind of backup do you have? A bamboo backup? A backup of the entire machine? A backup of the database?

Assuming that you have a bamboo backup, you'd just bring down bamboo, either set a new bamboo home or move the old one from it's previous location, then restart. You want to take the appropriate precautions before you do this (like take a db backup if you have one, and backup the home directory) This should make bamboo throw you into the setup wizard, where you could setup the new database. Once you complete that, you'd then restore your backup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events